Friday, February 26, 2010

Face Wash Connoisseur

I have spent a small fortune on face-wash over the years. My combination sensitive/pimple prone skin has led me on quest after quest down countless beauty aisles trying to find my perfect match.

Anything with "microscrubbers" or granules was too harsh and HURT. All of the acne products I tried dried my skin out terribly, and when I used a cream based wash, I broke out worse than before!

I even went so far as to get on Accutane for a few months, even this did not completely get rid of the imperfections I saw glaring at me from the mirror every morning.This prompted my doctor to suggest that I may have rosacea, but since I am no longer covered on any health insurance plans, I am getting every medical diagnose I need recently on ask.com.

So what is a beauty lovin' babe to do? Well, try new face washes until she hits the jack pot of course!!

Ladies and gentlemen, I do believe that the jack of pots has been found!

Let me give some clues: it has helped clear up the redness on my cheeks, my pimple count is way down, and it actually leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth.

Could this amazing breakthrough be from the counters of Lancome or Clinique? Perhaps I stumbled across it while being hypnotized by pretty packaging and techno music at Sephora? Nay.

I found my new savior at Walgreens. Walgreens, at the end of the aisle, in the back of the store, on sale as they are discontinuing selling it there. (As Walgreens so often does with ALL of the products I like, but that is another story for another day)

"Just get on with it! What is this product already?" I hear you asking.

Drum roll please!

The product in question is no other than the uber glam Impruv Moisturizing Antibacterial Cleanser.

Yep, that's it. I paid like $7.99 (this was close out pricing people!) and it has worked better than Pro-Active and Accutane combined.




It did take a bit to get used to though. This is not a face wash that sells you on packaging. This face wash is also not about to stoop down and seduce you with a pleasant floral scent. It comes in an unassuming blue and white bottle, and has a mild medicinal scent. The scent is probably due to the fact that it contains the anti-bacterial agent  Triclosan (  0.2% )  to reduce bacteria without stripping natural moisture from the skin.

So, comes the end to my face wash struggles. Like any beauty addict, I still stroll the face wash aisle when I am at the store, but I know better than to give into the temptation of some sweet young new thing. I know that at home I have something special that I don't want to ruin in a moment of retail weakness.
 Happy washing!

No comments:

Post a Comment