Thursday, April 14, 2011

Free Sample Sites :)

       
            Who doesn't love a freebie? Going the the mailbox and seeing something that isn't a bill gets my heart racing every time. There are plenty of websites out there that have links to freebies, but I have noticed that many of them are chocked full of ads, or have offers so old they are expired. I am going to post a couple of my favorite sites, and some tips that I would like to pass on (having learned myself after much trial and error).

          First off, have a separate email account for all of the spam you will be getting, if spam bothers you. It makes sense that the majority of freebies do really cost something, and that is your marketing information. I do notice an increase in spam after a day of free stuff hunting, but fortunately with gmail, it catches most of them and automatically sends them to the spam folder. There are also instances where you must verify yourself through email in order to receive the freebie. For this reason, and the fact that I don't mind spending two seconds to delete spam, I just sign up for everything with my email account I check most often.

           Next, please consider your carbon footprint when requesting samples. When I started I was like a maniac requesting everything I saw posted. Glucose monitors, ear plugs, pre-natal vitamins, bumper stickers, you name it I wanted it. It was free, it was fun. But, after awhile I had to admit that I was wasting paper and time getting things that I would eventually throw in the trash. So now I focus only on the freebies that I know people in my home or others I know can use. 

           Now, on to the sites that I have found to be the most beneficial. First, The Absudrly Cool Freebie Finder. This site is updated numerous times throughout the day and does an amazing job of finding freebies from many different product categories. A tip when using this site is to check the comments after the freebie posting. Many freebies can go extremely quickly, or seem fishy, and taking the time to read other user's comments can save you the time and frustration on filling out a freebie form for nothing! From this site I have gotten numerous hair care samples, makeup samples, even a box of water bottles! 


           The next website that I check is She Speaks.
This is an account based website that has product reviews, coupons, and free samples. I have gotten a box FULL of homeopathic cough syrups, cold pellets, allergy medicine and more to pass along to women I know. I have also received makeup that has not been released yet, as well as a box full of full-size and trial size deodorants for my tween daughter and her friends. Upon trying the products you simply return to the website and answer questions about your experience. Now, you can go weeks without seeing anything you want to be a part of, but I definitely think it worth your time to sign up. 

           

           

No comments:

Post a Comment